So, you’re looking for a place to rent in Colorado Springs?
As you’ve already seen… there are a lot of options in the Colorado Springs area for housing.
All the way from apartments in Colorado Springs to rental houses in Colorado Springs… condos… mobile homes, and more.
But if you’re struggling to decide if you want to rent an apartment or a house… check out our tips below on the “pros and cons” of renting a local apartment vs. the pros and cons of renting a local house. (also, see our blog post on pros and cons of Rent to Own Programs for more detailed info >)
Renting A Colorado Springs Apartment –
There are lots of great apartments in Colorado Springs.
You’ve probably found new apartment complexes with all kinds of amenities like a swimming pool, gym, rec area, and all kinds of other perks.
And you’ve probably came across some bare bones apartments that just gave you 4 walls and not much else.
So here’s some Pros for renting local apartments:
- Often rent is cheaper with an apartment vs. renting a house
- Sometimes some services are included in your rent (trash, water, etc.)
- Maintenance is 100% taken care of by the management (if you’re in a bigger complex, usually the maintenance person is on-site and can repair things quickly)
- Sometimes there are more apartment units available than houses you want
- Amenities are often included like rec rooms, gyms, pools, and more.
- Sometimes you can pick up your neighbors wifi!
Here are some Cons of renting local apartments:
– You have neighbors sharing walls with you (sometimes on 3 sides of you)
– The stairs: If you get an upstairs apartment it can be a pain getting your furniture in and out
– Parking lot dings: If you’ve lived in a large apartment complex where you’re parking in a shared parking lot… you’ve likely experienced a ding or two from your neighbors on your car.
– Usually you don’t get a yard that is just for you (if you do, it’s usually very very small)
So what about renting a house in Colorado Springs Houses Should You Start to Look At
In the end, I can’t say that local Colorado Springs apartments are better than houses to rent or not.
It’s really down to your preference of what you want.
If you want more space and room to roam (without having to share walls with neighbors)… then renting a house will be the route you want to go. Check out our website, coloradospringshousesforrent.com, to see what we have currently available. Our homes are single family with a minimum of 3 bedrooms and a yard. We also provide you with the information you need to know in order to qualify as a tenant. But…..
If you’re looking for lots of options, a lower price, and extra amenities like a pool… take a look at the local apartments.
Whichever route you choose to take, we wish you good luck and best wishes.